Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Rain

I've certainly been spoiled by the great weather from this past weekend because the rainy day that we're having today is making me feel a little sluggish and lazy! For those who know me well, you know that I love to sleep and that I am NOT a morning person. This morning was particularly hard to peel myself off of bed because of the dark, rainy weather.

As I tried to wake up, I started my morning prayer time. The great time of fellowship at my Bible study last night was still fresh on the mind. We were on the topic of the Holy Spirit. The worship song by Hillsong "Holy Spirit Rain Down" came to mind:

Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down.
Oh, Comforter and Friend, how we need Your touch again.
Holy Spirit, rain down, rain down.
Let Your power fall, let Your voice be heard;
Come and change our hearts, as we stand on Your word.
Holy Spirit, rain down.
No eye has seen, no ear has heard;
No mind can know what God has in store.
So open up heaven, open it wide;
Over Your church and over our lives.

How refreshing! Rain is indeed good. It is now mid-afternoon and the rain is almost gone. Some coffee would be good for me right about now... :-)

"Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants."
---Deuteronomy 32:2 NIV

"He will be like rain falling on a mown field, like showers watering the earth."
---Psalm 72:6 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment