Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Change

Change is not something I look forward to. I am a creature of habit --- I love routine and I love the familiar! A few weeks ago, the ladies in my Monday night Bible Study were chit-chatting with each other about life in general. We all seem to be coming up to some change --- different circumstances, but still each one is facing a change in some way, shape or form.

As of this point in time, I am unable to share details of my 'change'. But I can tell you that this 'change' came totally out of the blue. It felt to me as if God threw me a curve! I was certainly quite comfortable where I was before all this came to be. Now, I am having to discern what God is trying to tell me through this situation. I am still not quite certain where or what He is leading me towards. One thing I do know is that God is up to something!

In my Bible Study 'Discerning the Voice of God' by Priscilla Shirer, I learned that when God wants to tell me something, He is persistent and His message will always be driven home by Scripture! This week, God clearly turned my attention to Isaiah 55:12 --- "You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace..." and also to Lamentations 3:24-26 --- "I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

These two verses together tell me that God is indeed leading me towards change, but at the same time, I am to wait quietly for His leading. Therefore, I will wait. I will anticipate with eagerness and I will hope in Him.

I will end this blog entry with a quote by Kathy Troccoli. This quote sums up my desire --- I hope to be filled with that supernatural peace in the weeks or months ahead when I finally come to the point where I have to make a decision according to what the Holy Spirit will have instructed me to do.

"I know God is speaking to me when, in spite of my initial struggle, an undeniable release and peace follows when I have obeyed His voice. When I finally do the thing He has been nudging me to do, whether it's letting something or someone go, or taking a step toward the unknown, there is a deep calm in my soul. Where my heart and mind were once filled with terrible angst, I am now filled with a supernatural peace."
---Kathy Troccoli, as printed in 'Discerning the Voice of God' Week 4, Day 3, page 73

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
---Philippians 4:6-7 NIV

1 comment:

  1. Well without knowing what I am praying for (and I don't need to) I will pray for you as you surrender to the change He has in store for you!

    ReplyDelete