Sunday, November 4, 2007

'Not-So-Great' Sunday

We got some 'not-so-great' news at church today. I'm using the phrase 'not-so-great' because I really don't know yet how to describe how I feel right now. Our senior pastor of 18 years resigned from our church today. He broke the news to the congregation after his sermon this morning. It was an emotional day for a lot of people, to say the least.

While I am still numb from the news, I know that some difficult days lie ahead for our church as we search for a new senior pastor. At the same time, I also know that my God is sovereign and He is fully in control. I might not be able to see His master plan, but I know that He holds tomorrow in His hands. That is reassuring!

While digesting this news today, the worship song 'I Will Worship You' kept coming to mind. Here are the words:

My God is faithful, my God is truthful, my God is boundless in all He is.
My God is wisdom, my God is righteous, my God is vision for all who seek.

So I will worship You in the beauty of holiness.
And I will worship You for the things You've done in me.
And when my life's complete I place my crown at Your feet.
And I will worship You on bended knee!

My God is power, my God is glory, my God is ruler over all that is.
My God is timeless, my God is justice, my God is mercy to the oppressed.

His name is love, His force is thunder.
His heart is tender, His hand is strong.

In a situation like today's, it is very reassuring to be reminded that my God is all that and more!

"It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes."
---Psalm 118:8-9 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment