Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I Will Run To You

The song 'I Will Run To You' by Hillsong has been on my mind all day...

Your eye is on the sparrow
And Your hand, it comforts me
From the ends of the Earth to the depth of my heart
Let Your mercy and strength be seen
You call me to Your purpose
As angels understand
For Your glory, may You draw all men
As Your love and grace demand
And I will run to You
To Your words of truth
Not by might, not by power
But by the spirit of God
Yes I will run the race
'Til I see Your face
Oh let me live in the glory of Your grace
I think it's because the lyrics tie in so well with the book I am currently reading --- Jim Cymbala's 'The Life God Blesses'. Here are a couple of paragraphs from the book:
"God is on a search. He is not looking for such things as knowledge or precious stones --- after all, He knows everything and owns the world and everything in it. Although we rarely think about this or hear it preached, the Creator of all things is looking throughout the whole earth for a human heart that will allow Him to show how marvelously He can strengthen, help, and bless someone's life.

But what does it mean to have a special heart, 'a heart after God'? This is a most important subject for us to consider because it speaks to who we really are and to what extent God can use us for His glory. A heart out of tune, out of sync with God's heart, will produce a life of spiritual barrenness and missed opportunities. But as we ask the Lord to bring our hearts into harmony with and submission to His, we will find the secret of His blessings that has remained the same throughout all generations."
"For the eyes of the Lord move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His."
---2 Chronicles 16:9 NASB

"The Lord has sought out for Himself a man after His own heart, and the Lord has appointed him as ruler over His people."
---1 Samuel 13:14 NASB

No comments:

Post a Comment