Thursday, February 14, 2008

I Will Be Here

Fifteen years ago, on Valentine's Day, hubby and I got engaged! Wow...time sure flies as I can't believe it's been fifteen years already. As I sit here reflecting back on the last fifteen years, I am truly thankful to God for the gift He has given me in my hubby. He is a loving husband and a wonderful dad, hardworking and supportive, but above all, he is a "man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands." Psalm 112:1 (NIV) We both love the song 'I Will Be Here' by Steven Curtis Chapman and I thought it would be very fitting to post it today. So, here it is...

Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the sun does not appear, I will be here. If in the dark we lose sight of love, hold my hand and have no fear, 'cause I will be here.

I will be here when you feel like being quiet. When you need to speak your mind, I will listen. And I will be here, when the laughter turns to crying. Through the winning, losing and trying, we'll be together. 'Cause I will be here.

Tomorrow morning if you wake up and the future is unclear, I will be here. As sure as seasons are made for change, our lifetimes are made for these years. So I will be here.

I will be here and you can cry on my shoulder. When the mirror tells us we're older, I will hold you. And I will be here, to watch you grow in beauty and tell you all the things you are to me. I will be here.

I will be true to the promise I have made to you and to the One who gave you to me. We'll be together I will be here

Happy Valentine's Day to my wonderful hubby! May God grant us many, many more to celebrate together!

"Imitate God, therefore, in everything you do, because you are His dear children. Live a life filled with love, following the example of Christ. He loved us and offered Himself as a sacrifice for us, a pleasing aroma to God." ---Ephesians 5:1-2 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment