Monday, February 4, 2008

Show and Share

Tomorrow, it is my son's turn for 'show and share' at school. He decided that he would bring his little teddy bear for this occasion. He made two of the same bear at camp this past Summer, one to keep and one to send away in an Operation Christmas Child shoebox. This bear has the word 'Jesus' and little hearts printed all over its body.
I asked my son what he's planning to say tomorrow. He proceeded to show me that he's tucked a piece of paper in the little pocket that the bear has on its front. On this piece of paper, he's written down the verse from John 3:16! He told me that he's going to tell his teacher and his classmates that Jesus loves everyone, and then he's going to read them the Bible verse!

This is a huge step for my son. This is the very first time that he's initiated on his own to tell someone else about Jesus' love. My heart is beaming --- I am one proud mama tonight! I thank God for continuing to do a good work in my son's heart --- slowly growing him, one step at a time!

My prayer is that this will be a positive experience for him; that this experience will be a good start --- encouraging him to tell others about Jesus again and again!

"For God loved the world so much that He gave His one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life."
---John 3:16 NLT

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."
---Philippians 1:6 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment