Saturday, March 1, 2008

March Already?

Is it truly March already? This is going to be a very b-u-s-y month for me. I am coming into this month feeling some dread (just a little!), but at the same time with lots of anticipation and excitement. Things seem to be coming into a collision course for me in March.

First on the list, my workload will pick up after a lull in January and Feburary which translates into working more hours each week in order to meet my deadline.

Next on the list, my daughter's Destination Imagination team, which I co-manage with another mom, will be competing at the provincial tournament on Saturday, March 29. Since the Fall, my daughter and her friends have been working on their central challenge and practicing their instant challenges very diligently. But there is still MUCH work to be done in order for the team to be ready for competition so that is weighing heavily on my mind as well.

Another thing on the list --- exciting developments relating to the church plant! Things are starting to happen. We are now officially known as The Sanctuary Pickering. Our first outreach event, a food drive, will be happening on Friday, March 14. We are praying for a positive response from the community and a successful result as well for the food bank that we are supporting. A few details still have to come together in order for this event to be successful and those things are occupying part of my brain as well...

And...did you know that there are only 12 school days in March because of March Break and Easter? This means that my kids will be home quite a bit this month so I will have to wear the "mommy hat" a little more than most other months of the year! So, the homefront will be a busy one, abuzz with activities!

A friend of mine recently introduced me to The Big Cook and I know it will be a huge help for me this month. I have already tried packing and freezing some of the recipes and I am loving the convenience it offers! I am planning to pack and freeze 12 additional meals today in order to tide us over this busy month.

So...I am starting this month off with lots of prayer! I know that my God is able to supply me with the peace, discipline, strength, patience, energy and JOY that I need for each and every day of this month.

At the same time though, I will be honest and say that I am looking forward to when the calendar strikes March 31!!!

"Ascribe to the Lord, O mighty ones, ascribe to the Lord glory and strength. Ascribe to the Lord the glory due His name; worship the Lord in the splendor of His holiness. The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace." ---Psalm 29: 1-2, 11 NIV

No comments:

Post a Comment