Friday, April 25, 2008

Simple Faith Of A Child

Two blog entries in one day! I think this is a first for me but I just have to document this story while it is still fresh on my mind...

"Out of the mouth of babes" --- that saying is so true. A child's outlook is so innocent and pure; it is not clouded at all by "life". I think that if we consistently and intently listen to what children say, we can learn a lot from their wonder of God and their view of life!

Yesterday, hubby took our son to get a haircut. They came home and the little guy was not impressed at all with his new 'do. We wanted him to sport a shorter hairstyle because the warmer weather is here, but I think Mr. Barber buzzed a little too much off! Ahhhh! Anyway, he was quite upset and crying so we had a little chat about the fact that God designed for hair to grow back and that a bad haircut is not the end of the world and that in fact, I think he's the most handsome little boy around and et cetera. We had dinner, did bedtime routines and off to bed he went.

He woke up this morning and was a whole lot chipper! Phew! So off to school he went. When he came home for lunch, I asked him if anyone commented on his hair and if the short hairstyle still bothered him. He told me that his teacher noticed and said: "nice haircut!", and that no one said anything not nice about it.

He then proceeded to tell me that it is because before bed last night, he prayed and asked God if HE would help his hair grow fast overnight so that it wouldn't be so short anymore when he woke up this morning. He said that when he woke up, his hair was indeed a tad bit longer! :-) Talk about the simple faith of a child! That explains why he was chipper this morning!!!

Phew, now I feel much better! Now, if only I had that kind of simple faith...

" 'Do you hear what these children are saying?' they asked Him. 'Yes,' replied Jesus, 'have you never read, "From the lips of children and infants You have ordained praise"?' " ---Matthew 21:16 (NIV)

1 comment: