Monday, February 8, 2010

February already?!?

Well, it is eight days into February already and I'm just logging in to write my first post of the month. Needless to say... it's been a little crazy around here this past week and a bit. Sometimes, I think that it would be really nice if there are 36 hours in a day...

So... first of all, February started off with me having to work more hours than I had expected. Our administrative assistant at work was let go at the end of January... so we are without administrative suport for at least this month. I'm having to take on some extra work while they look for a replacement.

Added to our routine this season is twice-a-week basketball for our daughter and she is very much l-o-v-i-n-g it! This past week, hubby also started mapping out his work projects and starting working on them after being on a 'partial work hiatus' because of his ankle injury.

All in all... without me realizing it until after (when I took a moment to breathe... LOL!), this past week was actually the first week when all of our winter activities/commitments went into 'full-swing' mode. It was one busy week indeed!!!

But, what really set the mood for this past week was what transpired on Monday... the first day of February. A young family who has recently become a part of our church family lost their baby boy at 29 weeks of pregnancy. Everything happened so fast that day... first thing we heard was that her water had broken; then it was an emergency C-section; then it was that the baby might not make it; then 5 hours later, we received news that the baby had gone home to see Jesus!

My heart broke... my heart cried... my heart ached... there were no words... there were no answers... there was no understanding... but there was peace... there was a strength in this young couple that I've never seen before... my God was there! It has been a tough week emotionally, to say the least... the memorial service was last night. It was beautiful... it provided closure... a new beginning.

So... that was our last week. It is Monday again and a new week is here. Each day must count... each day must be lived for God... it's not about me... it's all about HIM!

As Francis Chan wrote in chapter two of his book Crazy Love:

"Friends, we need to stop living selfish lives, forgetful of our God. Our lives here are short, often unexpectedly so, and we can all stand to be reminded of it from time to time. That's why I wrote this chapter, to help us remember that in the movie of life, nothing matters except our King and God. Don't let yourself forget.

Soak in it and keep remembering that it is true, He is everything."

No comments:

Post a Comment