Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Beauty from Ashes...

Here is a verse I read last night in my blog roll...
... to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes.
--- from the NIV, Isaiah 61:3
Made me realize... this has been a whirlwind several months for hubby and me. Heartache-ishly hard. Unexpectedly harsh. Painfully hurtful. Over these months, we have seen an exciting, promising, full-of-potential expectation seemingly go up in flames. Now, all we see is ashes... complete with the hows, whys and what ifs.

This was an expectation that was solid and sure... one we believed was where God wanted us to pour our life into. The work involved was hard, yet exhilarating; tiring, yet exciting; slow, yet encouraging! We were loving it. We were right in our element. But seemingly... in just a few short months... all we are left to deal with is ashes.

I went on a walk with a good friend yesterday... we chatted... my mind cleared up and I came home energized! As I sat back down and got on my computer last night, I saw the verse above... beauty instead of ashes!

I think that is God's message for me...

Because... quite interestingly, I was talking to my sister the other night about this same topic and she said to me: "In His time, God makes everything beautiful!" Coincidence? I think not!

I do see that... I really do! God has been showing hubby and me over the summer months how else He would like our family to serve Him. Very exciting ways, I might add. I just didn't think it would require us to "finish up" with one assignment in order to take on a new one! ;-)

So... it looks like a new leg of this journey is starting up. I am looking forward to seeing the beauty that rises up from these ashes. As we wait on the Lord, our family's prayer remains to be...

Here I am. Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment