Friday, October 1, 2010

Just One More...

Just one more blog post on this truly very exciting day... I love the verses from Lamentations 4:21-24 (NLT) which say:
Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!”
My God truly is faithful!  After posting the previous blog post this morning, our snail mail arrived.  In the pile of letters is one from the Founding Director of the Jane/Finch ministry that I wrote about in my previous blog post.  In the letter he shares about one of the Site Supervisors having to choose between feeding the children or taking them on a fun trip.  Of course, making sure the children aren't hungry is the choice that was made!  The fun trips did not happen...

The letter is yet another confirmation from God letting us know where He would like us to get involved at this time... where we should be giving our time, effort and resources!  One of the topics we discussed this morning with our friend was precisely what the letter outlined... how we can help to make the extras like fun trips, better quality snack items, tutoring help happen in this ministry.

You see, God is clearly speaking to our family.  We must follow!  There is no other way.   

Here I am.  Lord, send me!

No comments:

Post a Comment