Monday, October 25, 2010

Two Months Until Christmas...

Today, my thoughts are of Christmas!!!  It's not that far away, you know!  It is exactly two months away from today.  Why Christmas?  Well, it all started with our family writing Christmas cards to our Compassion children last night... because the cards still need to be translated, they need to be sent off early.  So, they are off --- on their way to India and Honduras!!!

This is also the week for Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes to come back to my kids' school.  350 shoeboxes!!!  I can't wait for Friday... my children are beyond excited as well.  It will be awesome to see their project "come to life" --- it will surely be a sight to see!!!

And... today, we finalized plans for our family to help get Christmas presents to 28 under privileged children who live in the Jane/Finch neighbourhood of our city and to be a part in the plans for these children and their families to have a Christmas Party!!!  This is through an organization called UrbanPromise where a friend of ours is the Site Supervisor.

So... as you can see, our household is abuzz with Christmas activity.  This is why Christmas has been on my mind!  I should say "giving Christmas away" has been on my mind!!!  I am very humbled, awed and grateful that God would so graciously allow our family to be a part of such amazing opportunities to be His hands and His feet.  It is truly a blessing!

I've been singing the song Give This Christmas Away by Matthew West and Amy Grant all day!  I thought I'd share it here so you'd be singing it too!  It's contagious, you know! ;-)

Please pause the Playlist on the sidebar of this blog as you watch this video.


Why don't you give this Christmas away too!  Here I am.  Lord, send me!    

No comments:

Post a Comment