Monday, November 15, 2010

Counting My Many Blessings

I've immensely benefited from intentionally being aware of every-day graces this past week.  Joining the Gratitude Community at A Holy Experience has indeed been a very good thing for me... it has helped me see many more beauty instead of ashes moments! 

It is a time of transition for our family as we look for a new church to call home.  At times, it can be difficult to keep waiting on God.  But He is indeed gracious and the every-day graces He bestows keeps me going...

Here are this past week's graces...

#38: hearing first-hand about the ministry of Operation Christmas Child from a missionary at the grass-roots level.
#39: encouragement from said missionary to keep doing what we do each year... pack more and more shoeboxes!
#40: my kids' school.
#41: music... it soothes my soul.
#42: making music on the piano.
#43: awesome family time at an NBA game... even though our home team lost.
#44: NBA rookie, Jeremy Lin.
#45: free pizza!
#46: prayers for new friend who found out she has to be on dialysis for life...
#47: that God loves my new friend too!
#48: my hubby... for who he is!
#49: and that he takes care of the morning routine so I can sleep in. :-)
#50: sound and restful sleep!
#51: the Internet.
#52: beef stew...
#53: my slow cooker.
#54: strength for today...
#55: bright hope for tomorrow!
#56: blessings all mine with ten thousand beside.
#57: God's faithfulness... which is so great.
#58: that my children love Jesus!
#59: abundant life through my Jesus.
#60: sunshine all week.
#61: conversations with my sister.
#62: my kids help make dinner!
#63: a mango chiller from Second Cup.
#64: warm socks.
#65: leftovers!
#66: for our lawyer, who is also our friend.
#67: my boss.
#68: freedom... lest we forget!
#69: blogs that inspire me
#70: taco night!
#71: family movie night!
#72: I finally found a store where I can get grass-fed beef.
#73: Christmas shopping --- toys for some of the children at UrbanPromise whom we have come to love over this past summer!
#74: delivering 430 Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes to the Collection Centre... gift-filled shoeboxes packed by my kids' school community and our family!
#75: wonderful music at church today... singing with hundreds of other believers in worship of the only One who is worthy!
#76: quiches cooking in the oven for Sunday lunch... yummy!
#77: Sunday afternoon shopping with hubby...
#78: Val Bure skating for Compassion Canada on Battle of the Blades...  I hope he and Katia got enough votes to stay on for the final show!!!

'Til next time, my dear friends... may you also look for every-day graces!   

Here I am.  Lord, send me!

holy experience

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list!

    There was a season when our family also waited on God for a new church home. It lasted about 9 months for us. He was taking us through a season of rest and rejuvenation. Take this time to just rest in Him. :) He will lead you. God bless!
    -Christin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, the worship music at church . . . how it prepares our hearts! I am in gratitude as well.

    Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete