Monday, December 6, 2010

December Madness

This month of December always seems to have a life of its own, doesn't it?  Our calendars get booked up way too quickly and it seems like there isn't enough time to accomplish everything that needs to be done.  Everyone is hurried... lost in the hustle and bustle of the season.

Well, I am determined to stop the madness this year!  Our family is very much benefiting by slowing down each night of this Advent season and reading a devotional, Jesse Tree Journey by Ann Voskamp, together.  It's been like food for our souls... well, for my soul, at least.  I can't speak for my whole family... but I do think they are enjoying it as well.

It has also reinforced in our hearts and minds what Christmas is really all about.  Speaking of which... I better end this blog post and start my grocery list.  

This coming Saturday, our family (together with my sisters and their families) will be making/buying food and serving a dinner for 110 homeless folks in the City of Toronto.  This is done through a program called Out of the Cold.  This is the first of two dinners we are in-charged of this winter... the second one will be in January!

I'm going to end this blog post with a question today.  So... what do you want for Christmas this year?  Here's a video to help you decide... enjoy!

Here I am.  Lord, send me!

Christmas Change from Kujilana on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment