Monday, January 31, 2011

Quarter of the Way Already?!?

254.
I couldn't help but snap this photo at church on Sunday.  It truly is precious that grace appeared... the hour I first believed!  Love that hymn... it's one of those that never grows old.  

255.
So... I can't believe that I am already more than a quarter of the way to reaching #1,000 with my Multitude Mondays posts!  I doubt that I will stop at 1,000 because... counting these one thousand gifts with the community at A Holy Experience has absolutely been a gift in and of itself... truly food for the soul!

256.
Making new friends through the One Thousand Gifts community! This past week, I "met" a fellow Canadian.  Her family is in the process of adopting children from the Philippines, the country where hubby and I were born and raised.  The world wide web is indeed a small world!

257.
Receiving a final letter from our Compassion daughter, Annu and receiving the very first letter from our new Compassion daughter, Florianlyn both on the same day!

258.
Another Compassion child with whom we can correspond with.  He is one of many children whose sponsor doesn't or is unable to write to them.  His name is Frederic, he is 10 years old (just like my son!) and lives in Africa.  You can see his photo on the sidebar of this blog.

259.
The role of parenting... it can get tough at times!  Thankful for grace... it keeps me going on days when I feel inadequate.

260.
On days when parenting is challenging for me... I am ever grateful for grace as I think of how my Heavenly Father parents me.

261.
My girl's RCM Grace 3 piano exam mark came in... drum roll please... First Class Honours with Distinction!  90% which translates to being in the top 2%!  I am one proud mama!!!

262.
Being reminded of these song lyrics: ♪♫ When answers aren't enough there is Jesus.  He is more than just an answer to your prayer.  And your heart will find a safe and peaceful refuge.  When answers aren't enough He's there! ♫♪

263.
A great face-to-face meeting with the Site Pastor of our new church, the Uptown Toronto Site of The Meeting House.  We are very excited about what God has in store for us as we walk with Him in this new journey.  He truly is gracious and He truly is good.  My heart is overwhelmed...

264.
Checking out the high school where my girl will attend in September... thankful for opportunities we take for granted, opportunities that many in this world do not have, such as getting an education.

265.
Two more wins for my girl's basketball team this past week... still undefeated!

266.
A day off from school for my kids... an early morning coffee date with a friend for me.

267.
An unexpected Friday night play-date for my son and an unexpected Saturday night sleepover... good times.

268.
A trip to the mall with my girl... I love our chats!

269.
An opportunity to bless 100+ homeless folks with a Chinese New Year dinner!  So blessed to serve alongside friends and family...

270.
And, of course, Ann Voskamp's book... One Thousand Gifts, A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You AreTruly a blessing, a gift!  My copy came this past week.  I could not put it down once I started reading... a must-read!  Food for the soul...
   
Naming my one thousand gifts... every-day blessings, one by one, day by day!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment