Monday, May 9, 2011

April Showers, May Flowers

If God gives such attention to the appearance of wildflowers — most of which are never even seen — don't you think he'll attend to you, take pride in you, do his best for you?
 ~ Matthew 6:30 (The Message)
With April showers come May flowers, this week I am starting my 1000 Gifts list with all the beauty that is waking up in my garden (#577)...

#578 - #603
~ Bright yellow hue of the flowering forsythia bush.
~ Tulips emerging from the thawed earth.
~ Periwinkle almost ready to bloom.
~ Flowering ash tree.
~ Signs of life in my climbing rose bush.
~ Sedum plants making a come-back this year!
~ Lots and lots of day-lilies... time to transplant some.
~ Hydrangea bush surviving the Winter!
~ White flowers of the pachysandras.

~ Stunning election results... new political landscape for Canada!
~ My 3-year-old nephew... how he's so fascinated with trains!
~ Bidding for trains on eBay for above-mentioned nephew. :-)
~ My boy's Imperial Officer costume turning out great.
~ Three 1st Place finishes...
~ My girl's choir at the Kiwanis Music Festival.
~ My girl and her team at the regional Math Olympiad.
~ My boy at the Grade 5 The Math League contest at school.

~ A lovely lunch at my workplace's Service Awards event
~ My girl's Junior High missions trip this summer with our church's youth!!!
~ A letter from Geydi, our Compassion daughter from Honduras.
~ Sleeping-in on a Saturday.
~ Shopping with my girl.
~ Comfort foods... yummy!
~ The gift of being a mom...
~ Memories of my 96-year-old grandmother on her knees... praying!
~ Sunday afternoon nap.
~ My home-made Mother's Day cards.

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Being a mommy is such a gift and being able see your kids accomplishments must have been so special. Thanks for sharing your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an incredible list!! I love everything on it! Being a mom is one of the best!!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete