Friday, May 27, 2011

A Message for My Girl

Exactly a month from today, my baby girl will graduate from elementary school! Since when did she grow up?!? Since when did ten years of elementary school disappear, just like that?!? Since when did she grow wings to fly?!?

Dear Time: Would you just please slow down, just a bit... just for me to catch my breath?!?

Yesterday, she came home with a note from the school asking us parents to write a short paragraph, a message... to be read as she walks across that stage, a month from today, to receive her diploma.

One. Short. Paragraph.

I stared long and hard at the small box outlined on the piece of paper where the one paragraph message had to fit into. Memories flooded my heart.  Words and sentences formed in my mind.  Tears flowed from my eyes.  My heart swollen, with many emotions, like a lump in my throat... thanking Abba, my Heavenly Father, for the grace-gift that my girl has been to us!

The amazing young lady that she has grown up to be is truly a testament of God's grace... unmerited favour... not because of who we are as parents, but because of who God is!  I am truly humbled... utterly grateful!

There is so much I want to say... yet words aren't adequate enough to express my heart.  After several drafts, I finally got the one short paragraph written.  It sat on my desk awaiting hubby to arrive home so that he can read it before I write it all down to fit inside that small outlined box!

This morning, the message is sealed inside an envelope on the way to my girl's teacher.  It will remain *a secret* until graduation night... I'm already choked up just thinking about that night... I'm not sure how I'll make it through the whole ceremony without losing it!

Good thing I don't wear make-up. :-)

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!
Compassion-International-Bloggers-Philippines-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment