Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Break Already?!?

So... one full week of Summer break has gone by already!  How did that happen so fast?!? It has been a whirlwind around here these past two weeks to say the least... that's why it's been fairly quiet here on my blog.

After all the excitement and partying for my girl's graduation from Grade 8, I was determined to have a low-key and quiet Canada Day long weekend. We had no major plans... we were just going to stay home and relax. Well, as the saying goes... "plans are made to be broken."

On Canada Day, we got a phone call very early in the morning that my brother-in-law needed to get to the ER. My sister was away on a trip so hubby drove him. He was having a massive nosebleed that was not subsiding. This was worrisome... because of his medical history. He ended up being admitted.

Needless to say... we spent the weekend driving back and forth to and from the hospital. Worried. Updating my sister via text messages. Praying.  He got discharged Sunday afternoon. Hubby drove him downtown on Tuesday to see his surgeon. All is well now. My sister is back home and he is back to work.

God is indeed always good... 
His grace is sufficient!

These unforeseen weekend happenings meant that... my week literally got started on Wednesday! Can you say short week?!?

Plus, the reality of summer break hit me like a ton of bricks since I was planning to get our summer routine all planned out during the *quiet and relaxing* long Canada Day weekend and obviously didn't get to. So these last few days were chaotic around here to say the least...

Summer break... no more school... kids home all day (which I love, by the way!)... fit in a 32-hour work week somewhere in there... plus other things that Moms do... oh, and also shop and pack for our upcoming trip to the Philippines.

And... let's just throw in finding out {quite by accident} that the local flight we booked that will take us to see our Compassion sponsor child in the Philippines got cancelled {and we weren't even notified}... and having to find and arrange new flights....

And... finding out that our only other option is this tiny, bush-plane type aircraft! Oy! I felt sick to my stomach upon learning this detail! My son, on the other hand, is excited at the prospect of riding in an "Indiana Jones kind of airplane." Must be a boy thing...

Talk about God taking me out of my comfort zone!!! Funny how He always has a way of doing that... :-) Might it be that when we are out of our comfort zone is when we have no other choice but to fully trust in Him?!? ;-)

Inhale... exhale... breathe in... breathe out...
Chaos and me... let's just say, we don't like each other. :-)

It's Friday now and I can breathe a little better... I've got things a little under control here around our home, the summer routine is somewhat in place and I've processed and accepted the small bush-plane reality... I think I'll survive! Maybe I'll take some Gravol before boarding, just in case. :-)

So... hello there, Summer... we're ready for you! I think it'll be a blast hanging out with you this year as our family anticipates what God has in store for us!

Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment