Monday, August 22, 2011

Grace For The Journey

O, do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men! Do not pray for tasks equal to your powers. Pray for powers equal to your tasks! Then the doing of your work shall be no miracle. But you shall be a miracle. Every day you shall wonder at yourself, at the richness of life which has come to you by the grace of God.

~ Phillips Brooks. "Going up to Jerusalem", Sermons (1886), p. 330.
This week, I am treading a new journey (#946)... a new journey of knowing, of being broken, of responding, of living! So that I do not forget what I saw. (#947)

As I walk this new journey, I am thankful that I have HIS hand to hold. (#948)

#949 - #963... continuing to count grace-gifts as HE holds my hand!

~ Writing our Compassion sponsor children.
~ Including photos we took with Florianlyn in our letter to her!
~ Completing Rochelle's sponsorship form!
~ The gift of cultivating a relationship with her.
~ Sending another donation to help in the Horn of Africa crisis.
~ Sending a Family Gift to Florianlyn... to fix her house, and...
~ To help her mother re-open her convenience store.
~ Remembering... by looking at our trip photos again and again.
~ Visiting a friend... newly divorced, a new place, starting over.
~ Spending a family day at The Ex.
~ Buying food, diapers and a meal... for a beggar we met!
~ Serving together at church with my girl... teaching little children.
~ Dinner with my sisters and their families.
~ Back-to-school shopping.
~ Last, but certainly not least... the most unexpected grace-gift this week... the gift of becoming mortgage-free!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

1 comment:

  1. Love your list... I also list my gifts. It is life changing!

    So thankful for you...

    Much love,
    Teena

    ReplyDelete