Monday, August 1, 2011

One Thousand Folds of Blessing

Our family is currently in the Philippines, on our first ever missions immersion trip! Our eyes have been opened, our minds enlightened, our hearts broken by the things that break God's heart... there are truly no words to adequately describe how much of a grace-gift this trip has been to us! (#859)

Today, I am typing this blog post from Imperial Palace Waterpark Resort & Spa, a 5-star resort here on the island of Cebu {where both hubby and I were born and raised}. My aunt has generously gifted our family with a one-night, two-day stay here... for which I am truly, truly thankful! (#860)

I do have to be honest and say that I am having a tough time enjoying the facilities... finding it hard to reconcile this luxury with all the poverty that lies just outside its walls. I don't know how quite to explain this feeling as I've never felt it before... simply put, it is a brand-new awareness and understanding of the things that break God's heart. Even though it has been a tough couple of days for me emotionally, it is a grace-gift! (#861)

We are on the last leg of this trip. As I continue to count grace-gifts, I am awed by the one thousand folds of blessing that God has allowed our family to experience...

Grace-gifts #862 - #897... in thanksgiving of His relentless love, always finding me!

~ Visiting the offices of Compassion Philippines.
~ The staff of Compassion Philippines... their dedication and commitment.
~ Front section seats at a PBA game with hubby's fave team playing!
~ Safe flight to Masbate on a 56-seat propeller plane! :o
~ Masbate's fresh air and pristine beaches!
~ Simple meals...
~ Simple accommodations...
~ Meeting our Compassion daughter, Florianlyn!
~ Meeting Jhon and Julius, my sister's and my good friend's sponsor children.
~ Seeing first-hand a Compassion Child Development Centre.
~ Dedication and commitment of its staff, pastor and committee members.
~ Seeing Florianlyn's house and meeting the rest of her family.
~ A heart broken by the things that break God's heart...
~ A determination to make even more of a difference!
~ Seeing my 102-year old grandmother once again, after 12 years!
~ My son meeting her for the very first time! Priceless!!!
~ Lechon... yummy!
~ My kids sleeping in the bedroom I slept in as a child...
~ Covered in blankets I used as a child...
~ My girl sharing her testimony with Filipino teenagers at my parents' church.
~ Meeting many, many, many family members.
~ Abundant food...
~ My kids being in hubby's childhood home...
~ Exploring and playing as hubby did when he was a child.
~ Looking at old family photographs with hubby's dad.
~ Meeting with hubby's friend who is going through a tough time...
~ Praying with/for him and his young family.
~ Visiting the place where hubby's mom is buried...
~ My kids experiencing push-starting a car! :-)
~ Sunburst fried chicken!!!
~ Seeing the place where hubby's dad first lived when he arrived here in the Philippines at 19 years of age from China.
~ Rest for my boy who is having a tummy ache/diarrhea from dirty pool water...
~ Last, but certainly not least, experiencing Luke 6:38 in the realest sense this week. Wow! My God is truly "able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine."
Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.
Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment