Sunday, September 25, 2011

Good Gifts

God gives good gifts... I know that full well.

My hubby is a perfect example of that. (#1006) I am reflecting on that today as we celebrate his 46th birthday! (#1007) He is my soul-mate and best friend (#1008, #1009) and he is an awesome and wonderful father to our kids! (#1010) Each day, I thank my God for the gift that my hubby is to me.

This week, my 1,000 Gifts list continues with these good and perfect gifts --- grace-gifts #1011 - #1017, from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. (James 1:17, NIV 1984)

~ Strength for a busy week.
~ Free groceries.
~ 130 pounds of food to Yonge Street Mission {in honour of hubby's birthday}.
~ Hubby helping to build a Habitat home {also for his birthday}.
~ Seeing house keys handed over to two Habitat partner families. So cool!
~ A big box of used books from my boy's school for the children at UrbanPromise!
~ Awesome time at a Sunday afternoon church BBQ!

Click on the banner below for more Multitudes on Mondays posts...
Jump in... I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your hubby! I loved reading your list and clicking on the link about him.

    By the way, I am your neighbor over at Ann's place!

    Have a great week.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your husband! It sounds like he had a wonderful day! *Sigh* I love your life! It's neat to see us at very different places. You give me hope that someday when I am not so busy with so many children and they're older that we will be able to do more of what you are doing in the world. Until then, I will do my best to raise my little charges with a heart for God and a heart for missions, and live vicariously through you :o)!

    Be blessed today, my friend!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by, ladies!

    Deborah: Yes, different life seasons. You are doing an amazing thing... giving the gift of family to your wee three! Such a blessing!

    ReplyDelete