Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Blessed in the Little Things

Good morning, friends... and hello there, February! It's a new month and it's the month of love... what is The Practice of Love that I choose to live out... living out the greatest of commandments?

As I reflect upon that question... especially as the season of Lent starts up at the end of this month, on Ash Wednesday, February 22... I am beyond grateful for the many blessings that my Heavenly Father bestows, especially in the little things in life.

A friend posted this on Facebook this morning. It's too beautiful not to share!
Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits – who crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things.
~ Psalm 100:1-4
Little things, though simple in their demonstration, can be great in their significance in our lives. A harvest of joy can be received from the sowing of little things that spontaneously flow from a giving heart, and come to us freely from a gracious God. Welcome and make ours whatever good, though small, the present brings — kind greetings, sunshine, song of birds, and flowers — with a child’s pure delight in little things.
~ R.C. Trench
Into our lives, in many simple, familiar, homely ways, God infuses this element of joy from the surprises of life, which unexpectedly brighten our days, and fill our eyes with light. He drops this added sweetness into His children’s cup, and makes it to run over.
~ S. Longfellow
Blessings in little things...
Are you looking for them in your every-days?
Recognizing the blessings in the little things in my life has truly helped me to live out The Practice of Love. How about checking out the Joy Dare too? Here's my January Joy Dare List!
I am blessed. I can bless. A life contemplating the blessings of Christ becomes a life acting the love of Christ.
Click on the banner below to read more Walk With Him posts every Wednesday...
I promise you will be blessed!



Unwrapping more of His love in this world.
Act justly.  Love mercy.  Walk humbly with God!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I think the biggest key is the LOOKING FOR them!

    Thanks for the Psalms quote. I'll hang on to it today.

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that passage from Psalms. Hope you're enjoying your day!

    Blessings!
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete