Thursday, June 6, 2013

My Boy's Baptism {Photos and Videos}

Last night was a special night...
As my Facebook posts, Twitter and Instagram feeds have already indicated, it was a special moment, a God-writing-His-heart moment... because... my boy got baptized!!! It was made even more special because hubby had the awesome privilege of baptizing him. We are so thankful for a faith family that not only allows, but celebrates, for this to happen.
Every moment is a message from The Word-God who can't stop writing His heart.
This mama's heart is beyond overjoyed...
As my boy came to the decision to obey Jesus' command and be baptized, my heart filled with great joy and happiness and thanksgiving, in awe of God's amazing grace and His extravagant love which are so very evident in my boy's life.

Please allow this proud mama to share some photos and videos...

A prayer to start the evening.

My boy and my sister.

The baptism candidates and our Youth Pastor.

My boy sharing his testimony.
His testimony...

Worship time.

Our church is part of the Brethren In Christ denomination and we practice what is more commonly known as triune baptism...
The accepted {baptism} mode for The Brethren in Christ Church is a forward kneeling immersion as a sign of humble obedience. As Christ bowed his head in death, so a believer kneels or bows in submission to God. The three immersions are done in honor of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
The baptism, starting with my boy's good friend reading him a verse from the Bible.
The baptism...

My man and my not-so-little-anymore man! ♥

Family photo.

With our Lead Pastor.

With our Youth Pastor.

It was truly a memorable night!
... one that will absolutely stay in my heart and my memory bank forever! There truly is "no greater joy than to hear {see} that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)"

Since my boy was born, I've always prayed the verse from Acts 13:22 over him... that he would grow up to be "a man after God's own heart, doing everything God wants him to do." It is with great joy and thanksgiving that I can say this today... I now see in my boy a young man who has matured into one who truly is after God's own heart.

To celebrate that, and because he is such a gadgets-and-tools kind of guy, we got him an engraved Victorinox tool as a baptism gift... this gift was hubby's brilliant idea and I totally admit that he aced me on this one! :)


And, as I thought about what verse to highlight for him on this very special day, my heart rested on the beautiful words from Romans 12:1-2...

So here’s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary life — your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life — and place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. Don’t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. You’ll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.
Finally, I just have to post this photo from my Instagram feed... because I just *love* my boy's expressions, the pensive and reflective mood before being immersed and the joyous smile upon coming out of the water, that these shots were able to capture... ♥♥♥



Compassion is a command, an act of worship, a song of thanks to Him.
Do justice. Love mercy. Walk humbly with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment